This is the time of the year that I can get myself in a real “tizzy.” With all of the normal busy activities of life, we are now in the holiday season. As women, it can be natural to feel we have to say “yes” to everything and everyone, want to control everything and expect everything to be perfect. When those feelings creep up, I have to stop and ask myself, “What really matters?”
I have come to realize that when I focus on the basics of what really matters, I’m able to:
- be the mother and wife God calls me to be
- fulfill His purpose for my life, instead of what I think it should be
- find time to spend with God and take care of my health
- have peace and live healthy physically, mentally and spiritually
Has life become so busy for you that you are no longer focusing on what really matters?
Are you so busy---
- trying to please other people instead of looking to please God, which can keep you from feeling confident in who you really are in Christ.
- trying to be something you are not instead of learning who God created you to be, which can keep you constantly busy, yet never feeling successful.
- attempting to do too many things at once instead of giving attention to one thing, and left feeling exhausted with no energy for yourself, family or ministry/calling.
- focusing on succeeding in things that are really not important that you feel like you are failing over and over or are not good enough. I love what Francis Chan says in the book Crazy Love, “Our fear should not be failure, but at succeeding in things in life that really don’t matter.”
As I write this, I know I will have to continually stop and ask myself what really matters over the next couple of weeks. There will be party after party, extra responsibilities and events, which can lead to unhealthy eating habits, impatience and irritability for me, if I don’t slow down.
Colossians 3:1 says: Since, then, you have been raised with Christ, set your hearts on things above, where Christ is, seated at the right hand of God.
To remain healthy and fit on the inside this season, let’s keep our eyes on Christ and focus on what He says matters. (speaking loudly to myself right now).
Here is a little health tip to stay on track during this busy season of party after party:
Remember the party is not all about the food. It is about your time with friends and family which is what really matters. Focus on them and having meaningful conversations.
Ok, take a deep breath. It is almost time for “Ready, set, go!” Let's stay healthy on the inside by focusing on what really matters! It is much more peaceful and enjoyable.
What about you? What will you need to do to stay focused on what really matters this season?
'Tis the season for all things that sparkle! Grab your girl tribe, fancy up, and gather 'round at Cotone for a fun evening of beauty and fashion benefiting Gather Her & Created Woman, a non-profit that empowers women to be who they are created to be.
Sip, shop and get pampered all in one place!
*Free Mini Makeovers using Jentri Quinn Makeup + Skin
*Complimentary Braid Bar
*Raffle Prizes (get one free ticket when you RSVP now!)
*Light Bites & Cocktails / Wine
*Holiday Music provided by DJ Anupi
*Complimentary Chair massages by Teresa with Roots and Remedy