“Hello, My name is Heather and I’m a coat-aholic!” Yes, I have finally admitted my addiction after years of buying cardigans, coats, long jackets, short jackets, waist- length jackets, capes, throws, shawls…Oh, I love them all! If only I could layer in the summer…..if only Austin had a longer winter! What’s a coat lover to do especially when the seasons change almost everyday in central Texas? I can barely keep my perfect, long, winter white Banana Republic jacket on long enough for my girlfriends to see before the sun peaks out turning the perfect winter day into a California beach day! Changing of the seasons can be difficult on your closet especially when each day is, well, a new season! So to help all of my fellow coat-aholic friends out, here are a few great layering pieces that will get you from those cold winter mornings that turn in to mild spring afternoons.
1. Capes are a great way to keep warm, look stylish but not look too bundled up. Capes come in classic looks like black, leopard or can be the main accessory of any outfit. Capes have been around since fashion began.
2. Long Jackets & Cardigans are my favorite! Especially in the every changing weather of Texas. Wear them over short sleeves and take it off as the sun peaks out.
3. Trench coats have become one of may favorites as well. Trench coats are classy, trendy, sophisticated and will always be the perfect coat from day to night.
4. If you're blessed to live in a climate that has seasons, you get to choose from a variety of coat lengths & styles. Long, belted, pea, double breasted. The list goes on. Choose a great classic color like camel or black and wear it for years.
5. For those that love to stay on trend, a great faux fur vest makes you feel like you are in a winter wonder land without being over dressed.
6. The Military look appeared in full force this year and the trend carries over into our winter coats and capes as well.
So enjoy the changing of the season and the daily changing of coats & capes!