I still can remember when it happened. The year was 2010 and I walked into Barnes & Nobles with a notepad and pen filled with ideas that both excited me and made me a little nervous. How could this happen? How could I do this? Was this a God idea or just something that I could do as a hobby? I didn’t know but what I did know is that I couldn’t stop thinking about it day or night.
Thoughts turned into scribble and scribble turned into ideas and ideas turned into to do lists and to do list turned into a dream coming true.
What was it? Well, if you are reading this, you already know. It was the creation of Created Woman. It all started when I saw a void. There was no place for Christian women to go and get relevant, real life fashion advices without being bombarded with articles that were just junk – not good for the soul. And either unfortunately or fortunately, when you are the one who notices and gets angry about something, it’s usually because you are the one whose supposed to change it.
So began, Created Woman with a vision to equip and empower women to become who they are created to be, inside and out, through education, resources and community outreach.
It’s been a journey ,to say the least, from magazine, to socials and our yearly conference Style Speaks. But although our strategy has changed over the years, our vision has remained constant.
[title subtitle=""]2015: CW Curriculum[/title]
This year, our focus is on the ‘equip’ and ‘education’ part of our vision. For the first time, the CW Family is diving deep writing our first curriculum that will be available at the end of the 2015 if not before. In our first every collaborative writing project, the curriculum will:
- Explore our six core principles: Dreams ~ Healing ~ Identity ~ Health ~Purpose ~ Inside Out
- Women will discover and embrace their true identity in Christ through a journey of healing, ultimately revealing God's purpose and plan for their life.
- Inner work always produces outer results. Curriculum will conclude with an Inside/Out chapter that will guide women in identifying their personal style based on body shape and taste.
As we write, we’ll be hosting Design Labs throughout the summer testing out each chapter and getting your feedback along the way. Design labs are one-day workshops for 18 women at a time, combining education sessions & beauty sessions in 30-minute increments during a 4-hour event. The goal of Design labs is to equip women with tools on the chosen subject and leave with an accountability partner, dream launcher friend/group, who will meet together on a regular basis identifying dreams steps.
Plus, we’ll also host labs for single ladies featuring the book, Now, While You Are Single: Walking Out Your Purpose Before You Say ‘I do’ written by, well me! (See a link below to get a copy for yourself or a friend).
Of course, our yearly conference, Style Speaks, will be this November and we just can’t wait to tell you what’s in store!
The truth is though, we can’t do this without you, your prayers and helping us spread the word! Here’s are just some of the ways you can help women realize their dreams, step into their destiny and be the leaders they were created to be:
[title subtitle="CW + Your Brand"][/title]
- Summer Events, Design Labs: Represent your brand at an event through table display for shopping, provide space or sponsor a guest for just $30.
- 2 labs during the summer months of June-July-August
- Yearly Conference, Style Speaks: Collaborate with like-minded businesses for fashion show, product displays for brands, vendor and beverage, swags and gifts. Coming November 2015
- Prayer: Join our prayer team and cover every woman that ‘walks’ through Created Woman. It’s imperative and one of the most important things you can ever do!
- Other: Videographers, photographers, space. Have another idea? Tell us about it!
To be apart in 1 or all 3, contact us email@example.com
We are excited about furthering the mission to equip and empower women in 2015 through our core curriculum, Design Labs & Style Speaks. Because of all of our efforts and working together, women’s lives will be changed forever.
I can't wait for that moment to happen! Will you be there?
Fashion + Faith
Note: CW is a non-profit 501(c)3 and any donations will be tax deductible.
[title subtitle="Style Speaks 2014"][/title]
[title subtitle="Heather's new book"][/title]
Now, While You Are Single is a practical guide to help women discover and embrace their true identity in Christ through a journey of healing, ultimately revealing God's purpose and plan for their life while they are single.