This is a great child friendly recipe that is also sure to impress the adults at the table. Seriously who doesn't love cheese & crackers?
Prep Time is about 30 minutes so it's great for busy Moms, cook time is 35 minutes and it serves 3 adults comfortably. I recommend serving with your favorite vegetables and cous cous.
1 package of chicken (3 breasts)
2 gallon sized freezer bags
1 1/2 teaspoons Braggs Amino Acids OR 1/2 tsp salt
1 1/2 teaspoons Pinot Grigio Vinegar
30 Ritz crackers
1/2 cup sharp cheddar cheese
1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
3 tablespoons butter
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
2. Trim your chicken and cuts the breasts in half (not filleted) and put them in a gallon sized freezer bag.
3. Add Braggs, vinegar and egg. Seal the bag and make sure you've squeezed the air out.
4. Squish the marinade thoroughly in the bag. Using a kitchen mallet, flatten the breasts so that they are about 3/4 of an inch thick and place in the refrigerator for 20 minutes.
5. While the chicken marinades, fill the other plastic zippered bag with Ritz crackers. Use a rolling pin to turn the crackers into crumbs. Pour onto a plate, add cheese and toss with fork.
6. Dip each chicken breast into the cracker and cheese mixture and place onto a lightly sprayed pan. The bottom doesn't need to be thickly coated, just the top. Sprinkle remaining mixture onto the breasts.
7. Sprinkle minced garlic and pour melted butter across the breasts.
8. Bake for 35 minutes.
On a side note, I usually skip the butter and just spray with a little olive oil to make the crust stick but last night I treated the family to a little extra fat and boy did it go over well. I believe my husbands response was, "Dang Baby, this is awesome! What did you do different?" While there are ways to "health" this recipe up, it sure is fun AS IS!