And she gave birth to her first born, a son. She wrapped Him in clothes and placed Him in a manager because there was no room for Him in the inn. (Luke 2:7 NIV) Over 2, 000 years ago, Mary gave birth to our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ. The salvation of mankind was dependent on Jesus coming to earth and living a perfect life, then dying as the ultimate sacrifice for the sins of the whole world.
The divine nature of Jesus’ birth is, indeed, miraculous. But, the human side of it is touching in itself. Can you even fathom the thought of being a virgin and having an angel stand before you saying: “You will conceive and bring forth a son?”
Mary had thoughts, too, and asked, “How can this be, seeing I know not a man?” No doubt, other thoughts raced through her mind, as the angel, Gabriel, stood before her. “How will I ever tell my fiancée, Joseph? How will I break the news to my parents? What about the town people? Everyone will look on me with shame and disgrace.”
Mary’s pondering thoughts vanished as Gabriel, said: “With God, nothing shall be impossible.” She immediately answered with: Be it unto me according to your word.” Nine months later, on the road to Bethlehem, Mary’s birth pains began and in a stable in Bethlehem, she pushed forth the Savior of the world.
Let’s take a look at women in our culture today, and see if we can relate to the same human reactions Mary might have had as she gave birth.
In 2009, Heather Frierson, gave birth to a dream God had placed inside of her. That dream was the start-up of Created Woman Website, and then three years later she launched Created Woman Magazine.
The story goes that:
- She pondered, “I’ve never done this before. This is way out of my comfort zone. It is risky and too huge of an undertaking for me. I can’t do this.” But, God calmed her fears with the words from Jeremiah 29:11: For I know the plans I have for you,” plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.”
- She experienced pain as she went through months of planning and organizing the many details involved in launching a website and magazine.
- And then, with the help of so many people in the delivery room - - - writers, photographers, models, editors --- she pushed forth and gave birth to the dream God had placed on the inside of her.
Since that time three years ago, Created Woman has been a platform to encourage women to become all that God has created them to be. You, our readers, have witnessed many dreams come to past.
You have read stories of:
- women who became first-time authors
- women branching into a new career field
- women walking a courageous path when faced with breast cancer and other diseases.
Women, overcoming adversities in an effort to give birth to a dream and become all that God created them to be.
During this Christmas season may we remember the reason Mary gave birth to our Savior was so mankind would have a new beginning that would bring him into a relationship with Almighty God. But may we also remember that as part of that relationship, God puts a dream inside each of us He wants us to birth that will bring honor to Him.
Is there something that is just bouncing around inside of you longing to be birthed? Why not say as Mary said: Be it unto me according to your word.”
Merry Christmas from all of us at Created Woman!