The theme for Created Woman this month is What’s Hot. I was curious, “what do those two little words really mean in our everyday language? My on line dictionary provided this definition:
- Arousing intense interest, excitement, cool, good, impressive.
- Example: fashion, dining, entertainment, a hot new book, a hot topic.
My mind then buzzed into another area: This definition could mean different things to different people. So, I decided to take a little survey to see “What’s Hot” in the lives of my friends and family.
- Crystal: (age 40) Cool looking outfit.
- Hannah: (age 9) Church Camp.
- Zach: (age 5) Motorcycle
- Glen: (age 70) Classic car
- Kim: (age 50) New kitchen cabinets
- Tim: (age 43) Anything dealing with the human spirit.
From the young to the old, it can clearly be seen that we have different ideas of “what’s hot.” That's because God made us all unique. (Psalm 139)
I have a confession to make. In taking this survey, I asked for on-the-spot quick answers; no time to analyze, and definitely no time to put things into #1 priorities.
So, suppose YOU were asked to sum up "what do you view with intense interest, and excitement?" "What is cool, good, and impressive to you?" And, instead of a quick on-the-spot response, you were given time to sort out your priorities, what would be your answer? For starters, let me give you something to think about as you put things into perspective.
- Have you taken notice of God's creation lately?
- Have you read Jeremiah 29:11 and just let it soak in: "For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."
- Have you sat silently by a river bank with no cell phone ringing, no text messages, no facebook?
- Have you done a kind deed for the elderly today?
Have you spent quality time with your children or grandchhildren lately? I did, and let me tell you, that is "WHAT'S HOT" in my corner of the world.