Fitness on Demand
Thanks to a great tip from CW’s own Heather Frierson, I’ve discovered Fitness On Demand, great workouts right in my own living room. Last week my kids jumped in and joined me, you gotta love that! We have AT&T U-verse but my guess is if you have any sort of “on demand” feature on your TV, you probably have free fitness videos waiting for YOU!
Top 10 Reasons to Try Fitness On Demand:
1. It’s Free – Well, kind of. Assuming you are not pirating your neighbor’s cable service, you most likely pay some sort of monthly fee. But you ALREADY pay it! And unlike the movies on demand – fitness programs are free of charge!
2. It’s On Demand – Hooray, this means no class schedules to keep up with. No, “I have to be at the gym 15 min before BodyCombat starts so I can get a space.” On demand means you get work out whenever your heart desires, as long as you can get the remote away from the guys in the house.
3. Lots of Variety - I’m amazed by all the classes available. If you are stuck in a workout rut, this is a great cure! There are so many options; you’ll be able to go months without doing the same thing twice.
4. No Driving Necessary – The best part about no driving is that you won’t be tempted by Baskin Robins, Duncan Donuts or Starbucks on your way home from the gym. So you can avoid that one stop where you replace every precious little calorie you just burned!
5. What to Wear - If your favorite outfit is in the laundry, no problem! Just throw on a t-shirt and shorts and toss that dirty laundry in the washing machine during your work out. Can you say “multi-task”?
6. Make Up – If you are one of those girls who won’t go to the gym without your make up on – have no fear – there is no one to impress in the privacy of your own living room.
7. No Make Up - If you are one of those girls who prides herself in NOT wearing make up at the gym – have no fear – there is no one in your living room to make it unmistakably clear to that you are so not at the gym to impress them! Whew!
8. Abs - You can squeeze in a 10 min abs work out almost ANYTIME throughout your day! And I do mean squeeze!
9. You Get to Use Your Own Shower - Need I say more?
10. It’s Encouraging – You may be working out alone, but you still have the benefit of an encouraging voice telling you “you can do it!” and “great job” even though you opted-out of adding upper abs to the reverse crunches! We all need a little bit of encouragement.
Give Fitness On Demand a shot, and then tell us how it “worked-out” for you!
Lynn Marie Cherry has a heart to encourage women towards freedom and plant seeds of hope. She enjoys sharing insight from God’s word and the world around her. She has been married for almost 20 years to the same great guy, they have two amazing boys. You can read more at http://lynnmariecherry.blogspot.com/