Fashion trends for the summer are one of my favorite things. As I look through magazines, I love to learn the basic essentials I need for the latest fashion trends. It makes things easy for me
to shop and dress when I just focus on those basic pieces. I find that I don’t waste a lot of time when I focus on what the “experts” say really matters for the season. It gives me a sense of confidence in what I am wearing on the outside.
I have also discovered that, when I focus on the basics of life, life is much easier as well. I then become more confident on the inside. This week, I was fortunate to have time to sit on my porch one afternoon to relax and just read as my kids played. To be honest, I had used the very basics of life that day so I could enjoy that time. Instead of going to the gym or killing myself with a work out, I had a long walk at home; instead of killing myself in the kitchen; I prepared a simple, healthy meal in the crock pot for our evening dinner; instead of thinking I had to work extra hours for my job or it would never get done, I gave my timeline to God; and instead of thinking I had to plan every minute of the day to entertain my kids, I realized they truly love “just playing” outside
What I realized is this…when I focus on the basics of life, I’m able to enjoy what really matters.
As a Fitness and Food Designer for Busy women
, I have seen many women who are chasing so many different things that it keeps them from enjoying the basic things of life and ultimately keeps them from living a healthy life physically, mentally and spiritually.
Has life become so busy for you that you are no longer focusing on what really matters?
Are you so busy,
- Trying to please other people instead of looking to please God which can keep you from feeling confident in who you really are in Christ.
- Trying to be something you are not instead of learning what God created you to be which can keep you constantly busy, yet never feeling successful.
- Attempting to do too many things at once instead of giving attention to one thing and left feeling exhausted with no energy for yourself, family or career.
- Focusing on succeeding in things that are really not important that you feel like you are failing over and over or are not good enough. I love what Francis Chan says in the book Crazy Love, “Our fear should not be failure, but at succeeding in things in life that really don’t matter.”
These are things that can keep you so busy that you are unable to enjoy what really matters. Life can be easier when you focus on the basic needs of life, which allows you to learn how to be:
Ask yourself the question: “What is keeping me too busy and keeping me from what really matters?”
- physically fit with proper diet and exercise
- spiritually fit by spending time with God
- mentally and socially fit by doing what you are called to do