With new time changes come changing times and so it is upon us. Spring is in the air and its all we can think about. Hoping gray skies and chilly damp air are going to be a distant past soon enough. We look to new beginnings, new starts and spoonfuls of sunshine. Its time to start anew and celebrate the coming of Spring with a kaleidoscope of color.
Let's inject energizing color into our homes and into our closets. Think about the feeling you get when you open a box of crayons. We want that burst of color! What's the best way to do that? I'm going to share a few tips and its not for the faint of heart. This is a "go big or go home" movement and I guarantee you will be awakened.
- Layer various shades of the same color - accent pillows can be a great way to get tons of varying color
- Use neutrals to balance the bold color - a chambray shirt tones down the intensity of a bold orange skirt
- Choose a color from a fabric in the room to paint accent walls - its a great way to confirm the colors live nicely side-by-side
- Choose different colors with the same intensity - color-blocking is key
-Blend patterns - a floral skirt and striped top is preppy and romantic
- Go for the bold - a large patterned wallpaper or fabric makes a big impact
- Try for geometrics - tile patterns, uniquely shaped statement necklaces
Remember to have fun with color. Make your favorite room or favorite outfit lively and fun. Spring color has a way of revitalizing us. When we feel energized and full of life, we have the ability to shine like we didn't know we could. That is what allows us to be our best selves. Shine Bright and the world will shine with you!
xo, Kristen Ellis
Your resident Designer and Stylist