With Thanksgiving just around the corner, I thought I would share one of my favorite side dishes. This effortless recipe is the perfect compliment to any holiday meal. Roasted garlic, warm heavy cream and buttery Yukon Gold potatoes are a few elements that help create this unforgettable dish. Mashed potatoes are traditional fare for the holidays and this tasty side is a definite departure from the ordinary. INGREDIENTS:
- 6 cloves garlic
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 1/2 pounds Yukon Gold potatoes
- 5 tablespoons butter
- 1/3 - 2/3 cup warm heavy cream
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup fresh Parmesan cheese, grated
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Place garlic cloves on a small square of aluminum foil and drizzle with olive oil.
- Wrap foil around garlic and bake in oven for 20 minutes or until golden.
- If you prefer, peel the potatoes.
- Quarter potatoes and cover with water in a large pot.
- Bring to a boil and simmer until tender, about 15 minutes.
- Drain the potatoes and return to hot pot and mash with masher or hand held mixer.
- Mash in the roasted garlic. Mix in butter, heavy cream, salt and pepper.
- Transfer mashed potatoes to an oven proof dish and sprinkle top with Parmesan cheese.
- Bake in oven for 15 minutes or until top is golden
These garlicky spuds will have your family and friends coming back for more! Enjoy