Healthy Cooking does not have to be labor intensive and let’s be honest, with a busy schedule and family, it can feel impossible. As I coach my clients on how to get organized and plan quick healthy meal, one strategy is to plan meals by looking at your upcoming weekly schedule.
For my family, Monday evenings are one night of the week when we are free from extracurricular activities. It is a good time to plan and prepare a quick healthy meal in less than 30 minutes like Pecan Crusted Tilapia. This recipe can be used with salmon or chicken, but for my crew, I have found it is a fish that everyone enjoys.
I like to serve with couscous or quinoa oven roasted vegetables, such as zucchini, broccoli and squash, so that it all goes in the oven for easy clean up.
• 4-4oz Tilapia
• 3 TBS of Dijon Mustard
• 1 ½ TBS of Honey
• ¼ Cup of Chopped Pecans
• ¼ Cup of Bread Crumbs
• Salt and Pepper to taste
• Preheat oven to 400ºF. Spray cookie sheet with butter flavored cooking spray.
• Mix Dijon Mustard and Honey together in a small bowl.
• In another bowl, mix together bread crumbs and pecans.
• Spray baking dish with cooking spray and place Tilapia in pan.
• Pour honey mixture evenly on fish and spring with pecan mixture, salt and pepper
• Bake for approximately 20 minutes or until it flakes easily with a fork.
• Calories – 196
• Protein – 23gms
• Carbs – 11gms
• Fat – 8gms
Take a few minutes to look at your schedule for the upcoming week. Do you have 30 minutes to have a quick healthy meal and enjoy dinner conversation with your family at home around the table?