"My plan for the New Year is to stay true to myself and realizing some of the dreams I've tucked away in my heart pocket.
Why? I want to live the fullest life possible and without regret. Life is so short and I plan to go to the grave EMPTY!!" (Cheryl Luke)
Ahhh….what a refresher! New Year’s Resolution can, at times, be so overwhelming. The pressure January 1st brings can set you off in a tailspin of pressure that’s so demanding we wind up giving up by the time February 1st rolls around. But those words written by Cheryl are really what it’s all about! Resolutions are about our dreams; our desires; the vision we have for our lives. It doesn’t matter what goals others may want you to have – that’s pressure. What really counts is what’s in your heart. That’s living life to the fullest!
So, as we dive into the New Year, your family at Created Woman wants to encourage you to Live Life to the Fullest in 2011. Don’t give up. Instead, stay true to yourself and you’ll soon realize how amazing life can truly be. So to all of our CW family, here’s a peak inside the hearts of the CW writers that have been so faithful to encourage, challenge and share their life with you every week.
No matter what type of resolutions you have, they all have value. So share with us your dreams for 2011, we would love to hear!
Laugh in, at and through every circumstance of my life in 2011. While we cannot change the circumstances of our lives, laughter changes our perspective and an altered perspective changes outcome.
Avoid any using my cell phone in the car.
Keep date nights with my husband a priority. With kids and having busy evenings, It has become harder, but I want to make sure it doesn't slip down on the list.
New Years is an opportunity to start all over again and list the things that are on my heart to do:
- Visit the elderly
- Visit home-bound people
- Write encouraging cards
- Spend more quality time with my friends and family
- Complete all my unfinished projects (picture albums, complete two
- Writing projects for publishing.
My plan for the New Year is to stay true to myself and realizing some of the dreams I've tucked away in my heart pocket.
Why? I want to live the fullest life possible and without regret. Life is so short and I plan to go to the grave EMPTY!!
- I plan strengthening myself physically, emotionally and spiritually -
- I plan on working, well, continue working, on my very first CD . . . Can you believe it!!
- I plan on launching a blog - very soon (can't wait) - TheMosaicLife.wordpress.com
- I plan on staying in touch with my friends at Hosanna Church in Poland - Pastors Tomasz and Asia and the Hosanna family have captured my heart and affections. I could live in Poland part time (during the warmer months)
- I plan on reducing debt
- Write more letters
- I plan on wearing bright colors more often - color makes me happy!!
This year instead of having a long list of unrealistic resolutions and rules of what I can't eat, etc. I've made a list of reasonable, measurable goals that will challenge me and help me grow into the woman I want to become:
- Complete Dave Ramsey's 16-week Financial Peace Workshop
- Run the Capital 10K
- Take a basic sewing class
- Sign-up for free business classes at Big Austin
- Send birthday cards to my friends and relatives
My resolution is to make more time for myself. Being a working wife & mother sucks up all my extra time and I often feel that is all I am; a mother and wife. So I plan to take some time each week or as often as I can and do things that I enjoy to keep me connected to me and who I am.
2011 is the year we are expanding our family and in May we will be welcoming our baby girl. So, with the gift of becoming a mother, my goals completely revolve around her!
- Surround myself with other women who can encourage, strengthen and share the joy with me.
- Educate myself as much as possible before our precious girl arrives.
- When she does come into our world, love her with all that God has given and put in me.
I normally don’t make a New Year’s resolution. I try to set goals for myself throughout the year and simply stick to them. However this year, I do have one thing in mind and that’s travel. Be it with family, friends or work, I want to see more of the world outside my 5-digit zip code. For that very reason, I’ve already started planning trips within the next few months. My first stop is New York at the end of this month, Las Vegas in May and exotic Aruba in June. Whatever your resolution is, have fun with it, but above all, stay true to it!
I normally don't make resolutions. However, this year I would like to become better at managing my money in the next year and making bigger strides towards getting my business up and running!
We've enjoyed sharing our dreams with you and look forward to 2011
Happy New Year Created Woman! Dream and Live Life to the Fullest!