The conversation went something like this; Me: “So you just graduated from college, congratulations! What are going to do now?” Girl: “I’m going to Europe to work at a resort for a year.” Me: “Wow, that’s great! I wish I had done something like that when I was still single and could. No worries at all, just get up and go!” Girl: “Yeah, it’s going to be great!” Oh to be single, carefree and no ties! That’s the life! Single ladies, don’t humdrum around about being single thinking, “Where’s my man?” This is one of the best times of your life if you just embrace it. The young lady I talked to about going to Europe got it; she received her education to plan for her future but before she settled into the routine of life, she is embracing the freedom she has taking the adventure of a lifetime.
Whether it’s Europe, a trip to the beach, taking risk you’ve been afraid of taking or moving to another city for a job; the possibilities are almost endless when you are hot and single! And just so you know, age does not appply nor does the fact you may have recently found yourself single again. If you are single, you are hot and single! Here are a few more hot ideas to try out while you are single.
- Interview for a job in the city of your dreams. It could be your dream job or just a job that pays so you can live in a city that you always wanted to visit.
- Grab some girlfriends and take weekend getaway to a spa or anywhere else you want to go. Don’t wait for the phone to ring to get invited; you do the inviting! Road trips with friends are great memories.
- Take a week off from work for a “stay-cation,” a week at home doing all the fun stuff in your city. Hiking, biking, visiting the hot spot restaurants, dance clubs, whatever you think is cool. Take a look back at Stacy’s blog, “Havin’ Fun in the Summer Time” to get your wheels turning even more.
- Girl-friend time - Chick-flicks, poolside with snacks and drinks, mani-pedi, shopping….the list is endless.
- Something I wish I did more often, go visit a friend who has moved away and spend a weekend with them laughing about old times and making some new great memories. No need to wait on someone else to take a trip, plan your own!
- Speed dating…I said it! If I were single, I would hit the speed dating where you get a 5-minute date with several different guys and your done. No computer trying to figure out the best match taking all kind of personal information, just 5 minutes of FACE-TO-FACE time….something that’s missed in our electronic world. It’s fun, fast and safe because your not giving out any personal information, just talking in a safe environment where you actually SEE whom you are talking to. What a novel idea! Plus, no cheesy pick-up lines!
It’s a risk to enjoy life while you are still single, are you up for it? I think you are and I believe in you. Be wise in the process though; don’t blow through your savings or milk off your parents or friends. Be smart in the process because you never know who your going to meet along the way and you don’t want to be a financial burden to your future husband. But be brave and go out and enjoy life now, while you are single!
That’s What’s HOT about being single!
Share some of your ideas about what's hot about being single.