This recipe is a fun twist to traditional lemonade and makes it a true thirst-quencher and summertime favorite. Ingredients
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup organic sugar
- 1 tablespoon freshly grated organic lemon peel
- 1 cup freshly squeezed organic lemon juice
- 1 pint fresh organic strawberries, hulled and halved
- 2 cups cold sparkling water
- Whole organic strawberries and sliced lemons for garnish
Reduce the heat and simmer, stirring occasionally, until the sugar dissolves.
Add the lemon peel, lemon juice, stir, and remove from the heat.
Let cool completely, then strain into a clean pitcher.
Puree the strawberries in a blender and add to the pitcher with the lemon juice.
Stir well to combine and refrigerate until well chilled.
Add the sparkling water and stir well.
Pour over glasses filled with ice and serve, garnished with mint, lemon slices and strawberries.
Now, grab a good book, snuggle up in a nice cushy chair and enjoy.