I don't know about you, but this time of year is when I get the itch to bake! Expecially with ingredients like pumpkin! Here is a really simple recipe I found on Heidi's Recipes that you can make for your friends and family, or even better WITH your friends and family! (Don't forget to set aside a few of these decadent treats for yourself!)
Pumpkin Spice Cake Balls
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease a 9 x 13 baking dish.
- Combine dry cake mix and pumpkin puree. Beat on medium speed until fully combined. Mixture will be thick.
- Pour batter into prepared baking dish and smooth surface.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until top is slightly browned.
- Cool cake completely.
- Crumble the cooled cake into a large mixing bowl. Break up the cake with your hands or two forks until fine crumbs appear. Add the softened cream cheese, mixing well with a large wooden spoon or your hands until mixture is fully combined.
- Roll cake and cream cheese mixture into small balls (about 1 Tablespoon per ball). Set aside.
- Melt almond bark in double boiler or microwave.
- Using two forks, dip each ball into the melted almond bark and place on a parchment lined baking sheet.
- Adorn with sprinkles.