If you're looking for a "hit" at home, work or party, this recipe is it! People will beg for you to share your secret. The following recipe is a shortened version from Cupcakes from the Cake Doctor by Anne Byrn. Mix the following ingredients in a large mixing bowl. Blend with an electric mixer and pour 1/3c. batter into cupcake liner and bake for 20-25 min. @ 350.
- 1 pkg. (18.25 oz) plain white cake mix
- 1 pkg. (3 oz) strawberry gelatin
- 1 c. finely chopped fresh strawberries with juice, from 11/2c. whole berries
- 3/4c. milk
- 3/4c. vegetable oil
- 4 large eggs
Prepare Strawberry Cream Cheese Frosting
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, at room temperature
- 8 tablespoons (1 stick) butter, at room temperature
- 3 ½ cups confectioners' sugar, sifted
- ¾ cup fresh ripe strawberries, rinsed, capped, and mashed to make ½ cup, then drained well
- ½ cup frozen unsweetened grated coconut, thawed
- ½ cup of chopped pecans
Combine the cream cheese and butter in a medium bowl with an electric mixer on low speed for about 30 seconds. Stop the machine and add the sugar and drained strawberries. Blend the frosting on low until the sugar has been incorporated. Then raise the speed to medium and mix the frosting another minute or until the frosting lightens and is well combined.
Frost those pink babies and enjoy!!